You probably do not give much thought to the inner workings of a refrigerator until it breaks down, or unless it is time to buy a new one. To guarantee you get the most out of this kitchen appliance it can be very nice to know how it keeps food and drinks cool—and Francis Gracie, the owner of ASAP Scottsdale Appliance Repair, is here to explain.
Read below to find out everything you need to know concerning how refrigerators run, how it cools your food and if it is time to connect with an appliance repair company in Scottsdale, AZ.
Parts of a Refrigerator
You won’t find many homes that do not have a refrigerator inside the kitchen. It’s been a must-own kitchen appliance for many years now. A refrigerator is able to store food and drinks at the best temperature, in order to reduce spoiling and stop bacteria. The cycle of refrigeration works by transferring the warmth from inside of the unit to the outside, by using principles of evaporation and condensation.
The standard components of a refrigerator are below. For questions or service in Scottsdale, AZ call ASAP Scottsdale Appliance Repair:
The compressor is a combination of a pump and a motor, and it’s responsible for circulation of refrigerant dispensed in the cooling system.
The compressor is an important part of a refrigerator. You should call a Scottsdale appliance repair service if the compressor is broken.
The refrigerator condenser is found on the rear outside panel of the appliance and will help to release the warmth collected from inside the refrigerator out into the surrounding air.
The evaporator is housed on the interior of the refrigerator where absorbs heat held inside of it, effectively reducing the temperature inside.
Once the evaporator is not working, it’s time to find a professional appliance repair company in Scottsdale, AZ. Do not wait until it’s too late.
Liquid coolant is carried within a capillary tube that serves as an expansion tool as it cools the gas, thereby turning it into a liquid.
A refrigerator thermostat regulates the temperature inside the refrigerator, beginning the cooling cycle as it is appropriate.
The thermostat inside of a refrigerator is very prone to breaking. Troubleshoot and call an appliance contractor in Scottsdale for service the moment a problem happens.
How Does Refrigeration Work?
1. When the temperature within a refrigerator is above the set point sensors signal the compressor to engage, and the cool down starts. The unit attracts the cold liquified refrigerant, then pressurizes and condenses the refrigerant, and increases the temperature, turning it into a gas.
2. The refrigerator compressor pushes the hot gas towards the condenser coils on the outside of the unit, at which point it comes in contact with the lower temperature in the kitchen and transforms to a liquified state.
3. The cooled liquified gas continues its journey towards the evaporator component, making its way through the coils within the refrigerator and freezer section.
4. The coolant then absorbs the heated air from inside the refrigerator, cooling the temperature until it has reached the desired set point.
5. The coolant then will evaporate, and will turn back into a gas, and returns to the refrigerator compressor in order to then continue the cycle.
Refrigeration technology is found in quite a few applications and large appliances, including heat pumps, AC units, refrigerators and freezers. By removing warmth from one area and relocating it to somewhere else the continuous cycle of refrigeration helps cooling your house, creates a safe storage space for perishable food, and also helps with the manufacturing and storage of several different everyday products and materials.
Need Refrigerator Repair?
Does your refrigerator require service? Time to schedule an appointment with ASAP Scottsdale Appliance Repair in Scottsdale, AZ.
ASAP Scottsdale Appliance Repair is able to repair all common brands of refrigerators – including commercial models, stand-alone and side-by-side.Our experienced repairman in Scottsdale, AZ undergo training to repair cooling issues, ice makers, condensation, water puddles and leaks, light bulbs, touch controls, smart functionality and countless other problems. We know all about refrigerator repair! 100% satisfaction guaranteed!
ASAP Scottsdale Appliance Repair
9821 N 95th St #101 Scottsdale, AZ 85258